Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 389

Thread: Your stuff?

  1. #121
    Inactive Member JosiahM's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2002
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ah good stuff guys!

    Let me first off say I didn't mean to be egostical in saying I had chos, I meant that as to say, I don't think my problem is my hands abbilties to exicute given notes or flamflooable whatevers.. but more the note placement if that makes sense.

    Yea, I'd really like to listen to a lot more music, unfortuantly being a rather poor college student I have to D/L any music I want to listen. Perhaps I don't have enough of the great recordings and too much of the passe average stuff.

  2. #122
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    More Guaganco:

    This one is my favorite:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/paraqueescuchen9.mp3

    Onto the next one.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 02, 2004 02:32 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  3. #123
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Stay positive and on the
    offensive. Don't ever ac-
    cept that there is any
    reason for not achieving
    your goal other than you
    not putting your mind to
    it, like I know you can.

    Listen, why not try some
    of these arrangements I
    have been working on? Get
    into them and feel the
    rhythm. There's nothing
    like Salsa and Rhumba to
    get your blood going.

    These recordings are all
    over the place, available
    for practically nothing.

    Which ones do you want
    to play to? Tell me. I will
    link you to where you can
    get it and then, have some
    real fun and develop at
    the same time!

    Like Gadd said, let the
    music dictate the part.
    Don't try and stick some-
    thing in the soup. Pour
    and then drink it.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 11, 2003 12:57 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  4. #124
    Inactive Member palmerlouie's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2002
    Posts
    785
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    josiah's a funny one....

    but hey.....he can "blow like vinnie all day"!!!! [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

  5. #125
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Started this one:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/pasdhistoires2.mp3

    I think this is good:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/pasdhistoires3.mp3

    Onto the next one.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 16, 2003 11:41 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  6. #126
    Inactive Member Bergermeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 26th, 2003
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    On the subject of singing rhythms, listen to an example of the indian 'KANDAM' (5 beat unit)demonstrated by Pete Lockett (download lesson at bottom of page)...

    http://www.rhythmweb.com/pete/

    and lesson spelled out...

    http://www.drumdojo.com/world/india/kandam.htm

    also a little Trilok Gurtu for ya...Tac et Demi 6MB MP3 7 mins.

  7. #127
    Inactive Member Dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    1,373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cheers Berg. Pete is great and taught me for a while at the Guildhall School of Music in London.

  8. #128
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's the next one I just did, with some loose ends but most of it's there:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/malaguenasalerosa3.mp3

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 27, 2004 05:29 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  9. #129
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Peter, I can't keep up. What about that little ol' Gadd 11th commandment?
    Can you slip that in?

  10. #130
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Blake,

    I'm sorry, man. I totally forgot. [img]frown.gif[/img]

    I'll try and record it today, slipping it
    in there for you.

    Apologies. [img]redface.gif[/img]

    Check THE NIGHT TO REMEMBER post for XI.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 20, 2003 12:12 AM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •